What is now Pine Ridge started back in the late 1800’s. The original building was built by O.H. Ingram and it was used as a fishing cabin. O.H. Ingram used a steam yacht called “Fannie Ingram” to bring parties to the head of Long Lake where it was moored. Horse drawn wagons were sent to bring the fishermen to Sissabagama Lake.
In 1919, the property was purchased by Oscar Kubnick. Oscar soon decided to take in paying guests. He gathered several men together to raise the roof of the Lodge and add a second story of sleeping rooms. The building still stands on the shore of the lake to the front right of the restaurant entrance.
Each year a few cabins were added until there were fourteen units in all, plus the bar. In the late 1970’s, owners Ken and Sandy Knutson built the restaurant and upstairs living quarters onto the lodge building.
The owner in the early 1980’s, Harold Lamsen, sold off the cabins as condos. They are privately owned and operated as Pine Ridge Condo Association. The restaurant and bar is currently owned by Mike and Kathy Snyder. It was purchased from Norb Zielinksi in 1996.